Homepage > The BlogConomy
- 6,7 million people blog on blogging sites and 12 million people blog via social networks.
- The leading blogging site in the US is Blogger, which has over 46 million unique visitors each month.
- 23% of internet time is spent on blogs and social networks
- 77%of internet users read blogs
- 53,3% of bloggers are 21 to 35-year-olds.
- The majority of bloggers are women.
Why blogging is good for your business
- Small businesses with logs generate 126% more leads.
- Interesting content is one of the top 3 reasons people follow brands on social media.
- 81% of US consumers trust advice and information from blogs.
- Companies that blog have 97% more inbound links.
- B2B marketers using blogs generate 67% more leads.
- Websites with blogs have 434% more indexed pages.
- Websites with blogs have 97% more indexed links.
- 61% of US Consumers have made a purchase based on a blog post.
- 37% of marketers believe blogs are the most important type of content marketing.
- 90% of consumers find customer content useful.
- 60%of consumers feel a company’s positivity after reading the site.
- 82% of consumers enjoy reading relevant content from brands.
The Five Types of Bloggers
- The Part-Time Professional - users blogging to supplement income
- The Hobbyist - blogs for fun and doesn’t earn an income. Mostly blogs personal musings. 60% spend less than three hours a week blogging.
- The Full-Time Professional - blogs as a full-time job.
- The Corporate - blogs as a part of their full-time job or full time for an organization. Makes up 8% of blogs.
- The Entrepreneur - blogs for a company they own. Makes up 13% of blogs.
The Evolution of Blogging
1997 - The term "blog" was coined in 1997, when John Barger called his site a "weblog"
2001 - Niche blogs such as Mashable and TechCrunch brought blogging to the mainstream in the 21st century.
Now - Today, news blogs rival mainstream media. Social media has made blogging more interactional.
How much do bloggers earn?
14% of Bloggers earn a salary through blogging.
Most Common ways to Generate revenue - display ads, affiliate marketing links, search ads
Ways to Earn Money Through Blogging
Advertising Banners - advertisers pay or a banner to be displayed.
CPM Advertising - advertisers pay for each time an advertisement is seen.
Pay Per Click - advertisers pay for each click on their advertisement.
Affiliate Sales - a portion of sales of recommend items goes to the blogger.
Tips and Tricks
- Get a good domain name.
- Use a cheap and reliable web hosting solution.
- Choose the advertising that is right for your blog.
- Use affiliate programs to sell others products.
- Market your services to readers.
- Use your blog to deepen existing customer relations.
- Write quality content.
- Use SEO techniques to attract visitors to your blog.
About the Author:
My name is Lissa Anderson I am a full time SEO consultant. I've been doing freelancing,web development,web designing & internet marketing stuff for more than 8 years. Now I am affiliate with one of the world’s largest online advertising company.
I´m offering SEO and SocialMedia Services here on my website too.